1 Timothy 6:10 Amplified Bible
For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray and have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many acute [mental] pangs.
Financial problems is one of the main reasons for divorce. Never keep any purchases, loans or expenses from your spouse. Walk in accountability with one another.
Here are some principles that you can practice in order to get out of debt:
1. Be honest with each other and face the truth about your financial situation
2. Work on a personal budget together.
3. Aim to keep your expenditure 10% under your income.
4. Create a strategy to get your credit cards paid off as soon as possible.
5. Use cash as far as possible, as one spends less when you have to pay cash.
6. Have a weekly meeting together to see what is going on financially and review the budget.
7. Be accountable to each other. Agree to discuss large purchases beforehand.